Monday, October 24, 2005

Y2K -- The lame years are almost over

'Member what a bust Y2K was? Nothing happened. Ok, so I didn't like any of the consoles between the 16 bit era and our current consoles. The 3d graphics even then were either jaggy and ugly (Playstation) or anti-aliased to the point of schmeary nothing (N64). Nothing seemed to capture the fun of the 2-D goodness I grew up with, and everyone ditched 2-D completely to make jenky 3-D stuff that looked all naxty and thangs. It won't be until 2001 when my interest in gaming will come back. With this guy:



mm, cheap, powerfull and fun. Like me. Except for the power part. Its like a needy friend who just wants to please and delight you. I love you Gamecube. You f'ed up the online stuff, but frankly, I wasn't really ready for that anyway. Xbox is for Cheetoh handed Bawls slurping nerds, Playstation was for misogynist 'za eating bro-hans, and then, there was Gamecube. Gamecubers actually have lives. Not to generalize or anything.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chargenda said...

I hate needy friends....god, they are so annoying...um, wanna hang out later? oh, and can I borrow 10 dollars?

3:53 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

My friend Peter's family prepared for Y2K by buying and butchering a cow and stocking enough canned food and other dry goods and water to feed 10 people (and their pets) for three months. The last I heard from him, they were still using the toilet paper they bought. Ha!

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter