Monday, August 20, 2007

This was soooo not my High School

So I finally broke down and watched High School Musical on Disney this weekend. I had bought the DVD for my niece, who is 6, last year and my sister said it really wasn't that bad. And she was right. Oh, it was so sugary sweet at times that I thought I was going into a coma but... OK, let's break it down. Story-generic. Songs-hit and miss. Dancing. Holy Shit. Those kids were literally flying out of the rafters. Not 5, not 15, but like 50 to 100 kids popping and locking and choreographed within an inch of their life. All in unison. It was a sight. Of course High School Musical 2 broke records this weekend when it premiered. I watched that as well. Second verse, same as the first. But Beware!

Breakout star and certifiable hottie (he turns 20 in October) Zac Efron has a few dicey moments in the sequel. There were a couple of scenes where I could swear I was watching Clay Gaykin. Yikes!

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Emerson said...

It takes all kinds, I suppose. I found the first positively painful to get through. You'd have to pay me to watch the second.

I appreciate it for what it is, but corniness at that level is just painful for me.

Emerson

11:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

he's got serious lesbian hair

5:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's where my guy version of Terry Hatcher went! YUMMM

7:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

god, i wish i was as hot as zac efron. i am more like nora ephron.

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

did someone say nora ephron?

9:36 AM  
Blogger todd said...

geiger i love you. yes first was better than the second but what camptastic fun it is. pop and lock and jam and break indeed. i almost met martha and zeke a couple of weeks ago but i had a wedding i couldn't get out of. but i did meet zac. see my blog!

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This kids Know nothing about serious theater. They don't sing like me, so they are not stars.

Well off to still play Che because I have nothing better to do.

1:32 PM  
Blogger Daily Haiku! said...

That kid is GROSS!!

He looks like a muppet from the Dark Crystal.

How can someone so creepy and without opinion whatsoever be a super star??

Who buys his crap??

OH...crap! HAIKU!

High School Musical

You tried to make geeks into

popular kids - SHAME!!

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter