Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Shelley Long



I saw this ad for an upcoming Hallmark movie starring Shelley Long. And it made me miss her. I love to hate Shelley Long. And I don't think there is any better way to illustrate her yucky-ness than through some of her movie posters.

Here are some of my favorites:



You all 'member this one -- don't ya? It is pretty hard to get grosser than Steve Guttenberg, but she does (and does it well). Are those binoculars in her hands?



I love how she is supposed to be both daffy (look at the expression on her face) and sexy (look at those killer gams.) I hate to admit it, but this was one of my family's favorite films growing up.



What a killer duo - Shelley and Corbin Bernsen. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall during rehearsals.



And then there is this shit pile. I actually went to the theatre to see this one. The disappointment - by all in attendance -- was palpable.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

bravo! well done. i enjoyed that lil' walk down memory lane (bryant).

i too saw that shit sammie 'hello again' in theaters and 'money pit' was a family fav! we're besties.

2:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've never heard my dad laugh harder then the slapstick sequence where tom hanks flies down the scaffolding of the house and into the pond with the peeing statue. Despite Ms. Long's performance, it really is f'ing hilarious.

2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought that you were commenting on Bruce Boxleitner. *sigh* Maybe some day.

4:09 PM  
Blogger Chargenda said...

I love Money Pit as well.

11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sigh.

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter