Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Starting Ovah



Yesterday, between food binges and napping I cought some daytime TV that I usually don't get to see. Starting Over is fantastic reality show about women who decide to start their lives over for different reasons. Big props to these women who are looking inward and being honest to themselves for the first time which is scary enough, but to do it in front of a camera is extra brave.

this is my fav therapist on the show:


Iyanla takes no guff and can smell BS from a mile away. She made a women haul her baggage (she was given a bag that symbolizes some traits she has to work on, and so this poor woman had like 15 bags strapped to her) through a friggin obstacle course. Then, she said she did so well she could lose one of her bags permenently, at which point she was given another bag with something else to work on. And a hug. I want someone to hug me and tell me I'm lazy too! Iyanla call me! i need some tough lovin'!

8 Comments:

Blogger Chargenda said...

i will give you some tough lovin' in your butt..

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hugs. You're lazy.

12:53 PM  
Blogger Chargenda said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey there. My name is Sharon and I am a 15 year old girl in California and read your blog all the time. I love it!

12:56 PM  
Blogger Noah said...

Devin, will you dress up in blackface and a fatsuit?

hey, thanks Sharon!

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

....as if you could stop me.

1:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey- I've been inside the first starting over house! David and I went to dinner with this rich old caterer and his slightly younger asian husband/boyfriend this past summer and they told us that when the show started it took place at their house! It was an amazingly beautiful place for sure. I'm not even sure if the show takes place in Chicago anymore...

1:43 PM  
Blogger Chargenda said...

What? Who? What is this story and why havent' I heard it Ryan?

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter