Thursday, November 03, 2005

Confessions on a Dancefloor


The song Hung Up is false advertising, if you thought Madonna was going to bop around singing about nothing you might be disapointed. This album is dark. It makes you feel like you are in the back room at the Eagle at 4am, being way too drunk, and doing blow off of somebody's cock... OR SO I'VE HEARD. No, really it sounds like a sweaty gay circuit party. Meth is death people!! Be carefull!
I was expecting some soaring choruses and tingly Ray of Light moments, but she's really here to dance and grooves along without too many obvious hooks. I think its really going to grow on me.
Standout Tracks:
Future Lovers-- yummy update to Donna Summer's insane I Feel Love's synchopated bass
Jump-- One of the more hooky tracks. I want to dance with many sweaty people to this.

Confessions on a Dance Floor- B+

3 Comments:

Blogger Chargenda said...

I have never heard anything like Madonna in the back room there. Not that I have been in the back room there. but if I had been I am certain I wouldn't have heard anything there. Maybe RJ would know...

My word verification was "poboc." Cute!

11:40 AM  
Blogger James Derek Dwyer said...

It kicks my ass. I love it.

1:57 PM  
Blogger bomitoni said...

I only liked 2 songs, JUMP and LET IT WILL BE. The beats were hot, very Kylie 2 years ago though, but I thought her vocals sounded like she was bored out of her mind for the most part.

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter