Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Hey I'm back!

Whew! I had the flu for the past 4 days or so and to celebrate my first solid BM, lets take a stroll down video game alley and look at some fun stuff that came out for every year I've been alive. Starting with 1977. Here she is, the Atari 2600 which retailed for a whopping $250 (which according to my calculations, factoring in inflation, was a shitload of money).



Mmm, that fake wood grain paneling is soo sweet (btw, that is going to be the new hot fad in electronics-- natural casings; i need a wood grained ipod stat). The Atari 2600 was wildly popular and the shit-taco game E.T. is allegedly responsible for its downfall because it was so bad. There is some landfill that is rumoured to be filled with the suckers.

5 Comments:

Blogger Chargenda said...

that was your longest post ever. I missed you and I miss this game consule. You love techy shit...

1:01 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

My family had one of these, but I was too young to play it - I feel like I missed out on a huge section of pop culture.

9:19 PM  
Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

I wish someone would tell me where said landfill is located. I loved Atari.

10:39 PM  
Blogger Noah said...

Its not filled with 2600's, but with E.T. -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E.T._(video_game)

6:21 AM  
Blogger Noah said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter