Saturday, June 30, 2007

Yippie-Ky-Yay

I love movies. And I looove summer movies. Noah likes to tease me because I would rather see Eddie Murphy in a fat suit rather than some stupid waitress (sorry, Nathan Fillion), but he's right. Don't get me wrong. I like the smaller films. They're often wonderfully acted with great stories. They can be darker, more dramatic, and funnier than most of the stuff thrown at us by the big studios. And yet...I looove summer movies. I just saw Live Free Or Die Hard and it was great. Go ahead and laugh. The very idea that Bruce Willis dons the scrapes and scars of the indestructible Everyman John McClane in a 4th installment of the action franchise is ludicrous. And yet...I thought it was great. It's exactly what I want from a summer movie. I didn't have to think about the story or feel emotion for the characters. I just sat there and let it blow up in front of me. And it did. A lot. And it was an absolute blast. I'll save the period pieces and character studies for November and December. I mean really. Would you rather watch a fat man talk about health care or see robots in disguise?

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Rick Rockhill said...

I love movies too. I saw Oceans 13 and was loving every second of it. Matt Damon..wow. Brad Pitt? WOW. I'll be sure to check out Bruce W in this one too

6:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd rather see Nathan Fillion talk about healthcare.

10:38 AM  
Blogger dav.d said...

Die Hard 4 was very much fun. I wish it was rated R - but oh well. I guess the PG-13 means it is a family friendly movie that little kids can enjoy. Damn kids.

6:00 PM  
Blogger steve said...

I saw it last night, It was actually MUCH better than i thought it would be.., i mean come on, the line "it's gotta be hard to find a replacement chinese whore" (or something) is classic !!! *fart*

7:02 PM  
Blogger Emerson said...

I think Bruce Willis is a major cutie.

I have a thing for shaved headed older men =).

emerson

9:56 PM  
Blogger maxinweho said...

Everything about it should have screamed 'disaster': constant annoying banter; foreign accent villains; editing and VFX that made no sense; Kevin Smith acting... I loved it.

9:33 PM  
Blogger a.hayes said...

Did you see ew.com's Bruce Tress Test. It's bald Willy vs. hairy Willy. Hilar.

Also, it's better to save up your Nathan Fillions. Wait for the DVDs for Drive and Waitress to come out so you can have a weekend bender.

Bender? Damn near snapped 'er!

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter